- World Intellectual Property Day: 26 April
- World Intellectual Property Day observed across the globe on 26 April.
- Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind, inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names and images used in commercial activities.
- The day is observed across the world to spread awareness about the role that intellectual property rights like patents, trademarks, industrial designs and copyright play in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- The theme of World Intellectual Property Day 2019 is ‘Reach for Gold: IP and Sports’.
- India ranks 19th in Index of Cancer Preparedness
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released the 2019 Index of Cancer Preparedness(ICP) in which India‘s overall rank is 19th out of 28 countries, with a score of 64.9.
Index of Cancer Preparedness (ICP) 2019:
- Australia tops the ICP, followed by the Netherlands and Germany.
Saudi Arabia, Romania, and Egypt are at the bottom in Index.
The ICP explores the issue of cancer preparedness through three broad domains:
- policy and planning;
- care delivery;
- Health systems and governance.
India and ICP:
- India ranks 17th in cancer policy and planning, but it has a relatively high score of 80.8.
India ranked first for research and third for tobacco control in ICP.
- In its deliveryof cancer care, India ranks 20th with a score of 61.3.
- With a score of 40.3, India’s healthcare systemranks 25th in the index, above only Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Egypt.
- Cancer is the secondleading cause of death globally and is estimated to account for 9.6 million death in 2018.
- World Cancer Dayis observed on 4th February every year.
Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU):
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), created in 1946, is the research and analysis division of The Economist Group and the world leader in global business intelligence.
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- India Ranks 17th In Global Startup Ecosystem
- According to data released by StartupBlink, India moved up to 17th positionin 2018 from 37th spot last year in the Startup Ecosystem Ranking for 2019.
The top three spots remained unchanged with the United States, United Kingdom and Canada.
- The cities with the most vibrant startup ecosystems in India are Bangalore, New Delhi and Mumbai.
- India ranks 17 globally among 100 countries, based on the strength of its startup ecosystem, according to StartupBlink, which tracks startup ecosystems on a number of parameters.
- It used data from startups, accelerators and co-working spaces registered on its platforms as well as data received from global partners such as Crunchbase and SimilarWeb.
- MOU signed between Ministry of AYUSH and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Ministry of AYUSH and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) at New Delhi.
- The MoU has been signed for cooperation in research and education in areas of traditional systems of medicine and its integration with modern science.
- Previously, CSIR jointly with Department of AYUSH developed the Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL), a globally recognized proprietary database on Indian systems of medicine for preventing bio-piracy and misappropriation of our traditional knowledge.
- AYUSH: Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy
- Ministry of AYUSH officeholder: Shripad Naik
- Bajrang Punia wins Gold in Asian Wrestling Championship
- World number one Bajrang Punia won a gold medal to reclaim his Asian Championship crown.
- He defeated Kazakhstan’s Sayatbek Okassov 12-7 in a nail-biting 65kg men’s freestyle final.
- It is Bajrang’s second gold at this championship, having won one in 2017.
- Another Indian Parveen Rana, lost to Bahman Mohammad Teymouri of Iran in the final 0-3 in 79kg category securing a silver medal.
- In 97 Kg category, Satywart Kadian picked a bronze medal defeating Haobin Gao of China by 8-2.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022