Bill passed to include Siddi, Parivara, Talawara in ST list
Parliament approved the long-pending demand to include the Parivara and Talawara communities in the scheduled tribe (ST) list. The bill was introduced by law and parliamentary affairs minister Pralhad Joshi in the upper house and it sailed through. The Lok Sabha had already passed the bill.
In 2017, it became a poll issue during the Gundlupet and Nanjangud byelections in Chamarajanagar and Mysuru district, where the communities have a sizeable presence. It is estimated that the two communities number about 12 lakh across the state.
- World AIDS Day: 01 December
- World AIDS Day is being observed every year on 01 December to raise public awareness about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome, AIDS.
- This year, the theme is “Communities Make the Difference”
- It is a pandemic disease caused due to the infection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- The day also provides an opportunity for people to unite in the fight against HIV and to show support for those living with HIV.
- As per the latest estimate of 2017, there are around 21 lakh 40 thousand people living with HIV in the country.
- The government is implementing the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) as a hundred per cent Central Sector Scheme for prevention and control of AIDS.
- India becomes the first country to make entire Haj process digital
- India has become the first country to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital.
- This came after the minister signed the bilateral agreement for the pilgrimage with the Saudi Haj Minister in Jeddah.
- An online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, “e-MASIHA” health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation and transportation in Mecca-Madina.
- This year, a 100-line information centre has been established at the Haj House, Mumbai for providing information regarding the entire Haj process.
ð The French-Swiss co-produced drama film Particles directed by Blaise Harrison and produced by Estelle Fialon won the Golden Peacock Award at the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI). It is an ambitious yet modest film about the mysteries of being a teenager.
- Lijo Jose Pellissery won the Best Director Award for the movie Jallikattu
- Seu Jorge won the Best Actor-Male Award
- Usha Jadhavwon the Best Actor-Female Award
- Pema Tseden‘sBalloon won the Special Jury Award
· India signed MoU with Qatar to set up University campus
- Maharashtra’s Savitribai Phule Pune University (STPU)and Qatar’s Milestone International Educationsigned a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enable the University to set up its campus in Doha.
- The aim of the agreement is to provide opportunities in higher education to around 8 million Indian diaspora based in Qatar.
- The MoU will promote cooperation between the two institutions with the support of the government of the State of Qatar.
- It will open new avenues and opportunities for the Indian community in Qatar.
- National Policy to speed up Gas Infrastructure
- A “high-level committee” has been set up by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory board (PNGRB) to frame national policy on city gas distribution.
- The intention of the policy is to speed up development of infrastructure of piped natural gas.
- The committee formed will perform a detailed review of the issues in the development of piped gas network.
- The policy will also address issues like delay in getting approvals at state level.
- It will also identify Geographical Areas that are facing difficulties in witnessing significant progress as compared to the other regions.
- The number of Geographical Areas with good City Gas Distribution has increased from 78 in the end of 2017 to 229 in 2019 according to the Ministry of Petroleum.
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 to be launched across the country
- Centre launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 2.0 across the country.
- The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine-preventable diseases.
- The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B.
- Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and Hemophilus influenzal are also being provided in selected areas.
- The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States.
- The IMI 2.0 will be carried out between December 2019 and March 2020.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes