Karnataka ready to include Kannadiga dominated areas in Maharashtra, if they pass resolution: CM Basavaraj Bommai
In a direct challenge to successive governments in Maharashtra that have claimed that Belagavi should be part of their state, Karnataka chief minister Basavaraj Bommai said the state is ready to include all those panchayat, taluks or districts that are Kannadiga dominated into Karnataka if they pass a resolution in this regard.
The controversial statement by the CM came in light of the debate over the border dispute and language row in Belagavi which has taken a violent turn for the last four days.
Citing that Maharashtra political outfits has been trying to rake up the border dispute time and again for political gains, CM Bommai said Karnataka has already accepted the Justice Mahajan report in the border dispute case but was also ready to protect the interests of the Kannadiga community in the border areas of the neighboring state.
Time Magazines 2021 Athlete of the Year: Simone Biles
Simone Biles has been chosen Time magazine’s Athlete of the Year for the year 2021.
When she withdrew from four event finals at the Tokyo Olympics, the world’s most decorated gymnast, a four-time Olympic medalist, was praised for prioritizing her mental health.
Despite the setback, the 24-year-old took silver in the team all-around and bronze in the balance beam in the Tokyo Olympics.
Hundreds of athletes, including Biles, have accused the FBI, USA Gymnastics, and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee of failing to halt the abuse.
Legal Marriage Age for Women Raised in India
The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal to raise the minimum age of marriage for women from 18 to 21 years old.
- Men must be 21 years old to marry, while women must be 18 years old.
- To put the plan into reality, the government would look to change the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, the Special Marriage Act, and the Hindu Marriage Act.
- India was working hard to reduce child marriages and improve the health of its women. According to the survey, as many as 27% of Indian girls marry before they turn 18.
UNESCO: Kolkatas Durga Puja as Intangible Cultural Heritage
Durga Puja in Kolkata has been added to UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage for 2021.
- This brings international recognition to the city’s 331-year-old Hindu festival and the state of West Bengal.
- Bengal’s ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC) applauded the UNESCO announcement since chief minister Mamata Banerjee is largely regarded as the festival’s most ardent supporter.
- The number of items on the list of India’s Intangible Cultural Heritage has climbed to 14 with the addition of Durga Puja.
PMKSY Implementation Approved by Cabinet For 2021- 2026
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs authorized the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) for 2021-2026 on 15 December.
- Rs.93,068 crores were spent on the scheme, and CCEA authorized Rs. 37,454 crore in government funding for states.
- The debt servicing for a loan taken out by the Government of India to enhance irrigation during PMKSY 2016-21 has been sanctioned at Rs 20,434.56 crore.
- The Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP), Watershed Development, and Har Khet ko Paani (HKKP) components of the scheme have all been extended for 2021-2026.
Good Governance Week 2021
The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions is celebrating ‘Good Governance Week 2021’ on December 20-25.
- The Good Governance Week is being organised in collaboration with Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Panchayati Raj & Rural Development.
- It is being celebrated as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- On the occasion, Good Governance Week Portal will be launched and a booklet on 2-year achievements of DARPG will be released.
- A film on “Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur” will also be screened.
The Good Governance Week is being organised with the objective of translating the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for Next Generation Administrative Reforms during Amrit Kaal period in all the Districts and Tehsils across the country.
DRDO demonstrates controlled aerial delivery system
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) demonstrated the Controlled Aerial Delivery System.
Flight demonstration of Controlled Aerial Delivery System was demonstrated by Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE).
The System was of 500 kg capacity (CADS-500).
Demonstration of the flight was part of series of activities that were organised to celebrate ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
System performance was demonstrated at Drop Zone, Malpura from an altitude of 5000m.
This system was para-dropped from AN32 aircraft. After that, it was steered to the predesignated landing point in autonomous mode.
Eleven paratroopers of Indian Army and Indian Air Force chased the system in air and landed simultaneously.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022