- Help desks to make IT capital tourist friendly
- With an eye on making the city a tourist friendly metropolis, the state government will launch integrated help desks at all travel points across Bengaluru.
- Touted to be a one-stop solution for all government-related queries, including documentation requirements, locations and route maps, these help desks will be a collaborative effort of the department of information and public relations (DIPR), tourism department and Karnataka police.
- The DIPR will also help citizens courier documents minutes before boarding flights, buses or trains. The DIPR is considering opening such desks across the state. However, to begin with it will cater to Bengaluru where there is a high footfall of tourists and visitors.
· International Day of Persons with Disabilities: 3 December
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities is observed on December 3 every year.
- It is an international day promoted by the United Nations since 1992.
- The observance of the Day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities.
- 2017 Theme is “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient society for all”.
· South Korea and USA Launch Largest Air Exercise
- South Koreaand the United States launched their largest-ever joint aerial drills.
- The annual US-South Korean drill, called Vigilant Ace, will run for 5-days, with six F-22 Raptor stealth fighters to be deployed among the more than 230 aircraft taking part.
- Around12,000 US service members, including from the Marines and Navy, have joined South Korean troops.
· Indian Navy Day is observed as 4 December
- The Indian Navy Dayis observed on 4th December every year to celebrate achievements and role of the naval force in the country.
- During the India-Pakistan war of 1971, the Indian Navy played a significant role in the bombing of the Karachi harbour and sank Pakistan Naval Ship PNS Ghazi.
- Bengal first state in India to setup green university
- West Bengal Assembly passed the West Bengal Green University Bill 2017 for setting up an environmental studies university at Hooghly district.
- State Education Minister Partha Chatterjee tabled the Bill and it was passed while opposition Left Front and Congress boycotted the debate.
- Chatterjee said West Bengal is the first state to have a university dedicated to environmental studies.
- First phase of Chabahar port inaugurated
- The first phase of Chabahar port, located in Iran’s southeastern Sistan-Baluchestan province, was inaugurated by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in the presence of representatives from India, Afghanistan and several other countries of the region.
- The first phase of the Chabahar port project is known as the Shahid Beheshti port.
- The port is likely to ramp up trade among India, Afghanistan and Iran.
- The port will open up a new strategic transit route between Iran, India and Afghanistan, bypassing Pakistan. The port is likely to ramp up trade between India, Afghanistan and Iran in the wake of Pakistan denying transit access to New Delhi for trade with the two countries.
- India’s Biggest Floating Solar Power Plant To Be Inaugurated In Kerala
- Kerala Electricity Minister M.M. Mani will inaugurate the largest floating solar power plant in the country at the Banasura Sagar dam in Wayanad on 4 December.
- The floating solar power plant that floats on the surface of the water has a capacity of 500 kilowatts. This is the country’s largest floating solar plant.
- Constructed by Thiruvananthapuram-based Ad tech Systems, the plant will generate seven lakh units per year. The total cost of the project is Rs. 9.25 crore.
· Prime minister Narendra Modi interacts live with 7500 women workers via NaMo App
- Prime Minister Narendra Modiinteracted with BJP’s women wing members in Gujarat via his NaMo App. In a unique new innovation, the Prime Minister addressed over 7500 Mahila Morcha workers of the Gujarat.
- The App is one of the most popular apps by any political leader. It has already around 10 million downloads.
· President Ram Nath Kovind Confers National Awards for Divyangjan 2017
- President Ramnath Kovind confers ‘National Awards for Divyangjan 2017‘ on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities, in New Delhi.
The award distribution stresses on the generation of employment for Divyangjans. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu launched Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Yojana in Guwahati, Assam. The National Awards were presented in 14 main catKPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes