ShiradiGhat closure: K’taka may lose 50% cargo to other states
The proposed six-month closure of ShiradiGhat – a major link between the coast and Bengaluru – would cause huge revenue losses to the state in terms of cargo flowing to the New Mangalore Port Trust, the gateway of Karnataka.
New Mangalore Port Trust (NMPT) says export-import traders, Karnataka state and NMPT itself could lose up to 50% of the cargo flowing in through National Highway-75 to other states. It says exporters and importers will face huge losses due to increased transportation cost, which will make their goods dearer in international markets denting future orders.
The presentation, given to the Kanara Chamber of Commerce, says a closure negatively impacts movement of essential commodities.
Space X Launched NROL-87 Mission
SpaceX successfully launched NROL-87, a spy satellite for the US military, as part of the operation.
- Falcon rocket was used to launch the satellite, which is the second of the mission’s three planned launches. Many details of the NRO fleet are never revealed, as these satellites are employed for military purposes.
- The First Time NRO Mission required a Rocket landing, also called a Vertical landing. This was propelled from the Californian Space Force outpost of Vandenberg.
- The NROL-87 is a reconnaissance satellite operated by the United States.
- The satellite was launched into a 512.7 km orbit by a Falcon rocket. It was orbited around the Sun in a Sun Synchronous Orbit, also known as Helio synchronous orbit, which It’s a polar orbit.
National Sports Federations Scheme of Assistance
To strengthen its support for sports in India, the Union Government has authorized the continuation of the “Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs).”
- The continuation of the Scheme has been authorized with a budget of Rs. 1575 crore for the XV Finance Commission Cycle, which runs from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- The principal Central Sector Scheme is the Scheme of Assistance to NSFs.
- It is a significant source of funding for national teams preparing for the Asian Games, Para Asian Games, Olympic Games, Para-Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games (CWG), and other major international tournaments.
- The cycle’s funding will be extended to NSFs for national team training for national and international events between 2022 and 2026, focusing on the Commonwealth and Asian Games in 2022, the Olympics, and the Paralympics in 2024 Asian and Commonwealth Games in 2026.
he classroom at ParayShikshalaya is an open one. The West Bengal government will be the one to launch it.
- The ParayShikshalaya has been established for pupils in pre-primary and primary school.
- Elementary education will be provided to pupils in classes 1 through 5 under the system. The classes will take place on the ground.
- Extracurricular activities would be promoted and supported among the pupils. Meals will be served in the middle of the day.
- According to NITI Aayog, the primary school dropout rate was 6.61 percent in 2010-11. In addition, since COVID, the number of pupils attending school has declined across India. West Bengal’s rural areas are yet to obtain internet access. The open room classroom is the ideal technique to bring in primary school children in this situation.
Leopard Counting Census
Forest department employees rescued a leopard from the Sishugram Red Cross organisation near IIT Guwahati on February 3, 2022.
- After being observed, the leopard will be released into its natural habitat.
- Under its divisional competence, the NKF Division has also begun the process of conducting a leopard counting census.
- North Kamrup Forest Division (NKF Division) has begun an exclusive leopard counting census in Assam’s forest and non-forest areas for the first time.
- The leopard counting census has begun in Amingaon, Kamrup district, where leopards have high densities.
- It began on January 31, 2022. Leopards will be counted using the camera trapping approach.
- In the Amingaon area, 50 cameras would be deployed at Sila Reserve Forest, NIPER, Changsari, AIIMS, and other locations.
The Central Government has released a Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) grant of 9,871 crores of rupees, distributed to 17 states after the finance ministry’s approval.
The state governments get the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit grant. Article 275 of the constitution provides for the grant.
The grants are distributed following the fifteenth finance commission’s recommendations.
The parliament shall offer grants – in – aid to states, according to Article 275. India’s consolidated fund funds these grants.
The federal government has complete authority to set varying amounts for various states. The grant’s goal is to assist state governments in covering the costs of the projects, promoting the welfare of scheduled tribes, and improving the administration of scheduled territories.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022