- Karnataka CM to inaugurate Swami Vivekananda memorial in Belagavi
- Karnataka Chief Minister D. Kumaraswamyis to inaugurate ‘Vivek Smarak’, the Swami Vivekananda Value Education and Cultural Centre at Belagavi on February 1. Swami Vivekananda had stayed in the house from October 16-18, 1892, before his sojourn to the U.S. Eleven months later, the monk would deliver the historic speech in Parliament of the World Religions in Chicago.
- The house has been declared a sub-centre of the Ramakrishna Mission. The Centre will be used to train youths in moral values and right conduct. The Centre will have an audiovisual Centre where children can learn about Swami Vivekananda’s life and thoughts while playing games. It will also house a museum with pictures and mannequins in the bedroom and the hall that the preacher stayed.
- Nepal’s Central Bank Announces Ban of Indian Notes Above Rs100
- Nepal’s central bank has announced the ban of Indian currency notes with denominations above Rs 100.
- Nepal’s cabinet in December had decided to ban the use of these currency notes.
- Currently, only the notes with a denomination of Rs 100 and below are freely exchangeable in Nepal.
- Nepal’s central bank is Nepal Rashtra Bank.
- First interstate bridge in J&K inaugurated
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari dedicated to the nation a 1210-meter span-bridge over the river Raavi in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The bridge is named as Keediyan-Gandiyal bridge.
- This project will benefit over 2,20,000 people living on the two sides – Kathua in Jammu, and Pathankot in Punjab.
- This will reduce the distance between the two cities from 45 kms to 8.6 kms.
- India Navy begins coastal defence exercise ‘Sea Vigil’
- The Indian navy launched the first of its kind coastal defence exercise code named “Sea Vigil”.
- The navy and Coast Guard will join hands with the State Marine Police, state police, port authorities and state fishing departments besides fishing communities and people living along the coast in 13 Indian states and Union Territories for the two day long exercise.
- The two-day exercise, first of its kind, is being conducted along the entire 7,516.6 km of coastline and Exclusive Economic Zone of India.
- Exercise Sea Vigil aims to comprehensively and holistically validate the efficacy of measures taken since 26/11.
· Flamingo festival in Andhra Pradesh
- A visual treat for birdwatchers
- The Flamingo Festival, kicked-off at Pulicat Lake and Nellapattu in Sullurpet mandal, Andhra Pradesh
- Flamingo Festival is a 12-year-long tradition of the region.
- The main highlight of this fest is the sight of colorful migratory birds from Siberia that visit the region for nesting and breeding.
- Cabinet approves creation of the National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the creation of National Bench of the Goods and Services Tax Appellate Tribunal (GSTAT).
- The National Bench of the Appellate Tribunal shall be situated at New Delhi. GSTAT shall be presided over by its President and shall consist of one Technical Member (Centre) and one Technical Member (State).
- It is the forum of second appeal in GST laws and the first common forum of dispute resolution between Centre and States.
- Short film ‘Period. End of Sentence’ gets Oscars nomination
- “Period. End of Sentence”, an India set film on the taboos around menstruation and featuring the real ‘Pad Man’, has made it to the Oscar nomination.
- The film has made it to the top five nominees of the Documentary Short Subject category.
- The film is about women in India fighting against the deeply rooted stigma of menstruation.
- Government institutes Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
- The government has instituted an annual award titled Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar.
- It will be announced every year on 23rd January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.The Award carries a certificate and a cash prize of 51 lakh
- This year, 8th Battalion of National Disaster Response Force located at Ghaziabad has been selected for the Award for its commendable work in disaster management.
- The award has been instituted to acknowledge the contribution and selfless service of organisations and individuals to humanity in the aftermath of any disaster.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022