- Deccan Sultanate bid for global heritage tag headed for UNESCO
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has given green signal to the joint proposal by Karnataka and Telangana for ‘global heritage’ tag for monuments of the erstwhile Deccan Sultanate. The Centre will now make a recommendation to Unesco.
- Monuments from Karnataka that will be part of the proposal are Vijayapura’s Gol Gumbaz, Kalaburagi’s Haft Gumbaz and the Bidar Royal Citadel. It’s the first time two states have submitted a joint proposal.
- The Deccan Sultanates were five dynasties that ruled Bijapur, Golconda, Bidar, Ahmednagar and Berar. The kingdoms became independent in the late 15th and early 16th century as the Bahmani Sultanate broke up. Though rivals, they were allies against the Vijayanagara empire in 1565. The kingdoms were taken over by Mughals in the 17th century. Their architecture is predominantly Indo-Islamic, with influence from Persia and Central Asia.
- India, Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX)- 2019
- Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX)-2019 is scheduled to be conducted at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019.
- The joint training exercise is being conducted with more than a dozen African countries & India.
- The IAFTX-2019 is a positive step towards growing political and military ties with the member nations of African continent and will boost the already strong strategic cooperation between the countries.
- JNPT becomes the only Indian port to be listed amongst the world’s top 30 container ports
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), India’s premiere container port got listed amongst the top 30 container ports globally.
- JNPT notched up five spots, to be 28th on the list, compared to its previous ranking.
- JNPT is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is the largest container port in India.
Gk bit – Ports in India
- Port of Kandlais one of the highest earning ports of India, another port in Gujarat is Mundra Port,India’s largest private port.
- India has 12 major ports, 200 notified minor and intermediate ports. The total 200 non-major ports are in the following States:- Maharashtra (48); Gujarat (42); Tamil Nadu (15); Karnataka (10); Kerala (17); Andhra Pradesh (12); Odisha (13); Goa (5); West Bengal (1); Daman and Diu (2); Lakshadweep (10); Pondicherry (2); and Andaman & Nicobar (23).
- Government of India (GoI) plans to modernise these ports and has approved a project called Sagarmala.
- Indian government has a federal structure, and according to its constitution, maritime transport is to be administered by both the Central and the State governments. While the central government’s shipping ministry administers the major ports, the minor and intermediate ports are administered by the relevant departments or ministries in the nine coastal states Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- There are total 13 major sea ports of India,out of 12 are government and one, Ennore port of Chennai is the corporate one. Ennore Port is one of the major port of India located at Coromandel Coast of Tamil Nadu state along with Kakinada Port and private Krishnapatnam Port and Mundra Port.
The 12 Major ports are-
Kandla Port- Gujarat
Nhava Sheva- Maharashtra
Mumbai Port – Selcted for Cruise Tourism in India
Marmagao Port- Goa
Panambur Port- Karnataka
Cochin Port- Kerala
Port Blair- Andaman
Tuticorin Port- Tamil Nadu
Vizag Port- Andhra Pradesh
Paradip Port- Orissa
Haldia Port- West Bengal
· Arunachal govt declares Pakke Hornbill Fest as ‘state festival’
- Government of Arunachal Pradesh declared the Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF), as a “state festival”.
- The first-ever PPHF was held on January 16–18, 2015.
- It is the only conservation festival of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The festival is organized to recognise the role played by the resident Nyishi tribe in conserving hornbills in the Pakke Tiger Reserve (PTR),
· Second World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 Inaugurated in Goa
ð Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, inaugurated 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 in Goa.
ð International drug regulators who are dealing with homeopathic or traditional medicines from various countries participated in the forum.
ð It is organized by the Central Council for Research in Homeopathy under the Ministry of AYUSH along with World Integrated Medicine Forum.
ð The theme for the forum is ‘ Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products; Advancing global collaboration’.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes