- Mysuru’s Film City may go to Ramanagaram
- The future of much-talked-about Film City project near Mysuru is hanging in the balance with efforts being made to move the project to Ramanagaram.
- Land for the project had been transferred to the Department of Information and Public Relations and the work was supposed to have started by now. Elections in May delayed the project.
- With the dawn of the coalition government, the project appears uncertain with efforts under way to take it closer to Bengaluru, the hub of Sandalwood – the Kannada film industry. This was confirmed by Minister for Tourism and Sericulture S.R. Mahesh here at a press meet organised by Mysuru District Journalists.
- One of the reasons cited for moving the project to Ramanagaram was that the entire industry and people dependent on it were based in Bengaluru and it was easier for them if the project was developed there.
- The State government had handed over 100 acres of land at Himmavu village for the facility. The work was proposed on a public-private partnership (PPP) model.
· Russia became the first team in FIFA World Cup history to use fourth substitute
- Russian midfielder Aleksandr Erokhin has become the first-ever playerto come on as a fourth substitute during a FIFA World Cup match.
- He replaced Daler Kuziaev during the extra time’s first half against Spain in Round of 16 match.
- FIFA 2018 has allowed teams to make a fourth substitution but only in extra time of knockouts during this edition.
- India gets its 37th WORLD UNESCO World HERITAGE SITE
- In yet another landmark achievement, India’s nomination of the “Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai” has been inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage list.
- The decision was taken at the 42nd session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO at Manama in Bahrain.
- As recommended by the World Heritage Committee, India accepted the renaming of the ensemble as “Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai”.
- India has been successful in securing the inscription of the “Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai” on UNESCO’s World Heritage List under Criteria (ii) and (iv) as defined in the UNESCO’s Operational Guidelines.
- This makes Mumbai city the second city in India after Ahmedabad to be inscribed on the World Heritage List.
- 1st July 2018 to be celebrated as ‘GST day’
- Government of India is celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) coming into force. GST was launched on the 1st July, 2017.
- The first year has been remarkable both for the sheer variety of challenges that its implementation has thrown up and for the willingness and ability of policy makers and tax administrators to rise up to these challenges and respond befittingly.
- But more importantly, the first year of GST has been an example to the world of the readiness of the Indian taxpayer to be a partner in this unprecedented reform of Indian taxation.
- Accordingly, it has been decided that Sunday, the 1st of July, 2018 shall be commemorated as ‘GST Day’.
- Before implementation of GST, Indian taxation system was a farrago of central, state and local area levies.
- INS Sahyadri adjudged runner-up in an innovation competition
- Indigenously built stealth frigate, INS Sahyadri, which is participating in RIMPAC (Rim of the Pacific Exercise), the world’s largest international maritime exercise, has been adjudged runner-up in an innovation competition during the harbour phase of the exercise.
- The 26th edition of RIMPAC, hosted by the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (INDOPACOM), commenced off the Hawaii coast with the participation of about 25,000 personnel and more than 45 surface ships and submarines from 25 countries.
- Instant e-PAN based on Aadhaar launched
- The new PAN will have the same name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and address as in the Aadhaar.
- The e-PAN facility is only for resident individuals and not for Hindu Undivided Family, firms, trusts and companies.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), which makes policies for the Income Tax Department, has extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to March 31 next.
· DISHA Week is being celebrated from 25th to 29th June
- District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) is named as “DISHA” by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- To mark the successful completion of 2 years of the DISHA, the Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Mines, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, held wide ranging discussions on the DISHA initiative with Special Secretaries of the states/ UTs at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Chhattisgarh is among the five States which received an “award of appreciation” for exemplary work towards regular holding of DISHA meetings. The other States include Jharkhand, Kerala, Mizoram and Uttarakhand.
· Govt notifies Electoral Bond Scheme 2018 via Gazette Notification
- As per provisions of the Scheme, Electoral Bonds may be purchased by a person, who is a citizen of India or incorporated or established in India.
- A person being an individual can buy Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals.
- Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of Representation of People Act, 1951 & which secured not less than 1% of the votes polled in last General Election or the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive Electoral Bonds.
- Electoral Bonds shall be encashed by an eligible Political Party only through a Bank account with the Authorized Bank.
- Electoral Bonds shall be valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue and no payment shall be made to any payee Political Party if the Electoral Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period.
- The Electoral Bond deposited by an eligible Political Party in its account shall be credited on the same day.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022