- With 9 services under Sakala, Bescom bound to act on time
- Nine services of the power utility were recently brought under the ambit of the Sakala Act, which guarantees time-bound delivery of government services.
- Snapping of electrical wires, line breakdowns, distribution failures, meter-related complaints, application for new connections, additional load, transfer of ownership, resolution of complaints on consumer bills, restoration of power after an interruption, issue of affidavits and refund of deposits are the nine services now under the ambit of Sakala Act.
- According to the Karnataka Sakala Services Act, 2011 and (Amendment) Act, 2014, citizens can now file an appeal after 30 days of expiry of the stipulated time period for completion of services, after which officials will order the designated officer to provide the service or impose a compensatory cost for not completing the services within the stipulated time.
- Global Tiger Day: 29 July
- Global Tiger Day is being celebrated across the world on 29 July.
- This day is observed every year to create awareness about tiger conservation and protection of the natural habitat of tigers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the results of the fourth cycle of the All India Tiger Estimation in New Delhi.
- India conducts the All India Tiger Estimation every four years.
- Nepal invited to become partner country for Gita Jayanti Mahotsav 2019
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has invited Nepal to be the partner country for this year’s ‘Gita Jayanti Mahotsav’.
- The Mahotsav is scheduled to be held at Kurukshetra from December 3 to 8.
- Haryana has been celebrating Gita Jayanti Mahotsav for the last three years and every year a country is invited to become the partner country for the mega event.
- A seminar on the revered Shrimad Bhagavad Gita will be organised as part of the celebration on December 6, and the devotees and scholars from Nepal can participate in it.
- National Data Quality Forum: launched by ICMR
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)’s National Institute for Medical Statistics (ICMR-NIMS) partnership with Population Council, launched the National Data Quality Forum (NDQF).
- They will integrate learnings from scientific and evidence-based initiatives and guide actions through periodic workshops and conferences.
- Its activities will help establish protocols and good practices of data collection, storage, use and dissemination that can be applied to health and demographic data.
- The launch was attended by representatives from the government, academic institutions, technology and developmental partners working towards strengthening the data ecosystem in the country.
- GST Council to decide on tax cut on electric vehicles this week
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chair the 36th meeting of the GST Council through videoconferencing in Delhi.
- It is the first GST Council meeting after the Union Budget placed before the parliament in July 5
- The GST Council is expected to announce its decision lowering tax rates for electric vehicles solar power projects and rationalisation of GST rates on lottery.
- The several sops for the electric vehicle (EV) sector includes income tax exemption and reduction in custom duties for certain components
- The government is expected to push for a GST rate cut on EVs from 12% to 5%.
The issue of GST rate cut on EVs earlier sent to a rate fitment committee to a rate fitment committee.
- The Modi government wants to encourage domestic manufacturing of e-vehicles.
The GST rate for petrol and diesel cars and hybrid vehicles is already at the highest bracket of 28% plus cess.
- Union cabinet approved to dissolve NIMH and merge it with ICMR National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH)
- The government has approved to dissolve National Institute of Miners’ Health (NIMH) and merge it withIndian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)-National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH), Ahmedabad. The decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting, chaired by the Prime Minister.
- National Institute of Miners Health (NIMH) is an autonomous institute that functions underMinistry of Mines (MoM).
- The amalgamation will absorb all the employees of NIMH in NIOH in similar post/pay scale as the case may be so that their pay be protected.
- Govt inks MoU with industry body to streamline delivery of services under Ayushman Bharat
- The centre’s flagship healthcare scheme Ayushman Bharat implementing agency inked an MoU with industry body NATHEALTH.
- The partnership between National Health Authority (NHA) and the Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH)
- Themain aim is to streamline all innovations it increases the efficacy of service delivery of Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- The collaboration provides an industry interface for testing innovations, providing mentorship and creating channels for facilitating support required for scaling these innovations.
- The main purpose to increase the efficacy of the health service delivery.
The main objective of the joint initiative is to provide and enable a healthcare innovation ecosystem that supports healthcare innovators and provides them opportunities to partner and scale.
- The MoU aims at enabling an ecosystem for the industry partners within the NATHEALTH network to participate in piloting, testing, adopting, funding and scaling innovations.
- Around 26 Lakh peoplehave availed treatment so far in several hospitals across the country
- The insurance scheme aims to provide a health cover of up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to over 10.74 crore vulnerable families.
- The scheme provides cashless and paperless access to services
Over 15,000 hospitalsand health care providers have been impaneled across the country under the scheme.
- Kaiga Atomic Energy station performed continuing operation for 962 days
- Indiaenhanced with Atomic energy and replacing fossil fuel.
Nuclear power is the fifth-largest source of electricity in India after coal, gas, hydroelectricity and wind power.
- India has 22 nuclear reactorsin operation in 7 nuclear power plants
They have a total installed capacity of 6,780 MW.
- The nuclear power produced a total of 35 TWh supplied 3.22% of Indian electricity in 2017.7 more reactors are under construction. They got a combined generation capacity of 4,300 MW.
- The remarkable achievements in the nuclear power sector during the last three years included
- Setting of World Record in the continuous operation of 962 days by Unit-1 of Kaiga Generating Station among nuclear power plants of all technologies.
Completion of 50 years of safe operation of Units 1&2 of Tarapur Atomic Power Station (TAPS-1&2) are currently the oldest reactors in operation in the world.
- The nuclear power capacity of 1000 MWby the completion of KKNPP- 2 at Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu.
- The First Pour of Concrete (FPC) in KKNPP-3&4 (2X1000 MW) at Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu.
- Ground break for KKNPP-5&6(2X1000 MW) at Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu.
- The environmental clearance from MoEF&CC for setting up nuclear power plants at Chutka in Madhya Pradesh.
- The administrative approval and financial sanction of ten (10) indigenous 700 MW Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) to be set up in fleet mode & two (02) units of Light Water Reactors (LWRs)
- The agreements with foreign countries for nuclear power corporation.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes