- MAHE is the top private Indian university in QS World Rankings
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) emerged the top-ranked private university in India in the Quacquarelli Symonds World University Ranking 2020 in the 16th edition of the rankings, Manipal figures in the 701-750 band, up from 750-800 last year, among the 1,620 universities considered and 1,000 published universities from 82 countries. MAHE’s performance was among the top 66% this time.
- For the 2020 rankings, QS has analysed over 93 million citations from more than 13 million papers, 45,000 survey responses from employers, and 94,000 survey responses from academics before evaluating the 1,000 universities.
- The universities are evaluated on six performance indicators — academic reputation, employer reputation, student-to-faculty ratio, citations per faculty, international faculty ratio, and international student ratio. Four of the indicators are based on hard data, and the remaining two are based on major global surveys — one of academics and another of employers, each the largest of their kind.
- India born Priya Serrao has won the Miss Universe Australia title for 2019
- India born Priya Serraohas won theMiss Universe Australia title for 2019. Serrao edged past 26 other women from across the country in Melbourne to win the title on 27 June. She will now represent Australia in the Miss Universe Australia 2019.
Australian-Ugandan Bella Kasimba was announced the first runner-up in the finale. She is a law graduate who currently works in Department of Jobs, Precincts and regions in Melbourne.
- Go Tribal campaign by Tribes India launched in New Delhi
- Go Tribal Campaign programlaunched by Tribes India.
- Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Smt. Renuka Singh in the presence of Shri R.C. Meena, Chairman, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India and other dignitaries joined in New Delhi .
- It is used to institutionalize collaborations and partnerships with different organizations to promote tribal products.
- It is in association with Amazon Global Marketing
- It is launched in TRIBES India products globally through Amazon platform.
TRIFED in association with Ms. Ruma Devi showcase a new range of ethnic fashion wear.
- She is the recipient of Nari Shakti Puraskar from the President of India
The heritage range of traditional tribal handloom, handicrafts and naturals collection of the country like Madua, Jowar, Bazra, Red Rice, Honey, Lac products, Spices, Coffee, Tea, Handmade Soaps produced by Tribals in various parts of the country.
- Lok Sabha passed the Homeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Shripad Yesso Naik,Minister of State, Ministry of AYUSH presented the Homeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the Lok Sabha. It passed the Bill on 27 June. Once Rajya Sabha passes the Bill, it willreplace the ordinanceissued in the same regard by the previous government. This was the second bill to be passed in Lok Sabha, in the second term of NDA government, after the Special Economic Zone (Amendment) Bill 2019.
Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019:
- The Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019 enables the government to extend the tenure of the Board of Governors (BoGs)for a further period of one year, with effect from May 17, 2019. The BoGs have been entrusted with the affairs of the Central Homeopathy Council.
- The Board of Governors constitutes of eminent and qualified homoeopathy doctors and eminent administrators.
- The opposition parties opposed the Bill and demanded that the government should further examine the proposed legislation and provide supervision mechanism for homoeopathy and ayurvedic medical institutions.
Homeopathy Central Council Act, 1973:
- The Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973 was enacted for the constitution of theCentral Council of Homeopathy, along with the maintenance of the Central Register of Homeopathy and matters related to the field of homoeopathy.
The Act was amended and passed in December 2002 as Homoeopathy Central Council Amendment Act, 2002. The amendment was to make provisions and seek permission from the central government for the setting up of new colleges or starting new courses or increase the admissions in the existing colleges. Despite the amendment many homoeopathic colleges are still struggling to meet the required standards necessary for quality education.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh honoured on his 180th death anniversary
- A sculpture of Maharaja Ranjit Singh ruled around 40 years in the early 19th century.
It was unveiled at the historic Lahore Fort in Pakistan.
This embarks to mark his 180th death anniversary.
- The total duration to complete the eight-feet tall statue of the Sikh ruler is about 8 months.
- His horse named Kahar Bahar.
- It was a gift from Dost Muhammad Khan, the founder of the Barazkai dynasty.
The sculpture installed at the Sikh Gallery of the Mai Jindan Haveli in the Lahore Fort.
The statue was made by artists from Lahore’s National College of Art and Naqsh School of Art .
- Indian Crypto Exchange Koinex Shuts down its operation
- India’s Largest cryptocurrency exchange, Koinex terminating its digital asset trading set-vices and other crypto-related operations citing regulatory uncertainty and disruption.
- It was facing problems with its payment services and gateways, along with non-crypto related transactions like payment of salaries, rent, and purchase of equipment.
- It started its digital assets exchange services in August 2017
- It executed over 20 million orders in trading volume on its platform so far.
The country’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), barred banks from serving companies dealing in cryptocurrency exchanges.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022