- State road transport service best in the country
- M. Revanna, Minister for Transport, said that the Karnataka road transport service was the best in the country and has bagged as many as 210 awards.
- Speaking after inaugurating the city bus stand that boasts of multiple facilities, including a mall and parking lots, among other things, and laying of foundation stones for upgrading the Central Bus Stand and also a depot here on Tuesday, Mr. Revanna said that the department had been providing excellent service by introducing luxury and sleeper buses and thanked Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and the staff of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation for extending full support in this regard.
- The government had decided to develop modern bus stands in all cities and towns with all facilities and provide free bus passes to around 20 lakh students. He directed the Regional Transport Officer to initiate stern action against private bus operators violating the rules of picking up passengers at government bus stands.
- World Ocean Summit 2018 concluded in Mexico
- World Ocean Summit was held recently in Mexico’s Riviera Maya.
- It’s a chance for business, government and environmental leaders to talk about the problems facing the world’s seas and to come up with solutions to protect the planet’s vast ocean resources.
- UN’s environmental director says governments need to take more responsibility for the world’s oceans.
· Maldives Parliament Approved Anti-Defection Bill
- The Maldives Parliament has approved the anti-defection bill with retrospective effect amidst the boycott by opposition MPs.
- According to the bill, MPs elected on political party tickets will lose their seat if they leave their party, get expelled, or switch parties.
- The bill would take effect from 13th July 2017, meaning that the 12 MPs that switched to the Opposition last year would lose their seats.
- The bill was passed with 35 votes as opposition MPs continued to boycott the settings.
- India’s first coastal policing academy set up
- The Union home ministry recently sanctioned the launch of the National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) located in coastal Okha in the newly created Devbhoomi Dwarka district.
- It will be created and run by a multi-agency team of paramilitary and defence forces and sharpen the response and skills of the marine forces of multiple states which have sea lines.
· Union Government To Institute Award For Best Investigators Of Crime
- The union government decided to institute an award for carrying out the best investigation of crime for promoting high professional standards among police forces.
- The award – Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Police Investigation – will be given to the best investigators of police forces of States, Union Territories, and central investigating agencies.
- Based on the average crime data for the last three years, a total of 162 medalswill be awarded every year. Out of these, 137 will be for the states and Union territories and 25 for the central investigating agencies – National Investigation Agency, CBI and Narcotics Control Bureau.
- Home Minister to inaugurate International Police Conference on Cybercrime & Terrorism
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh will inaugurate the two-day Asia-Pacific Regional Conference of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) in New Delhi.
- The theme is “Challenges to Policing in 2020- How is Cyber Space shaping our approach to Cybercrime & Terrorism, how do we perform within it and take advantage of it”.
- The regional conference is being organised by the Asia-Pacific World Regional Office (APWRO) of the IACP in partnership with the Intelligence Bureau.
- The Director, Intelligence Bureau, as the Chair of APWRO, is the host of the Conference.
- The phenomenal growth and influence of Cyber space and Cyber technology have opened new challenges in the field of policing in recent times.
- The Conference is mainly focused on holding discussions about the growing interest of various terrorist/ organized groups and radical elements in exploiting the Cyberspace and its advanced technologies for their various heinous crimes and nefarious designs.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address farmers on March 17 at annual Krishi Unnati Mela
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address farmers at the annual Krishi Unnati Mela in New Delhi. Briefing reporters in New Delhi, Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said, the objective of the 3-day mela is to create awareness to farmers about the latest agriculture-related technological developments.
- He will also inaugurate the Jaivik Kheti Portal and confer Krishi Karman Award and Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Krishi Vigyan protsahan awards.
- Lakhs of farmers and agriculture scientists will participate in the meal.
- During the latest agriculture and allied sector technologies will be displayed at more than 600 stalls.
- The main theme pavilion will be based on Doubling of farmers income by 2022.
- The theme area will display different kinds of organic farming techniques like natural farming and eco-farming.
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022