- Transport Department notifies scheme to give monopoly to State-run services
- The Transport Department has issued a draft notification on the ‘New Comprehensive Area Scheme for the entire State of Karnataka’, which will enable State transport undertakings (STUs) such as the KSRTC to have monopoly over passenger road transport
- This is the second time the department is issuing a draft notification on this. In December 2016, it issued a draft notification that ended up facing legal hurdles.
- “The new comprehensive area scheme aims to provide good public transport in the State. The previously issued draft notification had some technical flaws which were challenged before the High Court of Karnataka. Later, the notification was withdrawn and now a fresh draft notification has been issued seeking objections and suggestions.
- The Transport Department had issued 7,000 stage carriage permits to private operators in the State till 2014, and they will be allowed to continue their operations,” said an official working in the department. “At present, there are several districts, including the coastal districts, Kolar, Shivamogga, and Chickballapur, where private operators dominate. Once the new scheme is implemented, the STUs can operate bus services at their discretion or depending on public demand.
- In many States across the country, the government is encouraging private parties to operate bus services as STUs lacks the competency to meet the public demand and are incurring huge losses. More than 2,000 private operators in the State and 40,000 people directly employed will suffer because of the new scheme
- World Theatre Day: 27 March
- World Theatre Day was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute (ITI).
- It is celebrated annually on the 27th March by ITI Centres and the international theatre community.
- The first World Theatre Day International Message was written by Jean Cocteau (France) in 1962.
- Department of Posts launches Cool EMS Service between India and Japan
- Ministry of Communications has launched the Cool EMS Service which will come into force from 29.03.2018.
- Cool EMS service is one-way service from Japan to India which allows customers in India to import Japanese food items for personal use which is allowed under Indian regulations.
- Initially, Cool EMS Service will be available in Delhi only.
- Food items will be carried by Japan Post in special cool boxes containing refrigerant to preserve the quality of the food items and addressee will collect them from Foreign Post office, Kotla Road, New Delhi in-person or through a messenger in the prescribed time frame.
- Liashkova from Belarus wins Miss Supermodel Worldwide 2018 title
- Belarus beauty Aleksandra Liashkova won Miss Supermodel Worldwide 2018 title at a grand finale in Gurugram. Ekaterina Evdokimova of Russia was declared 1st runner-up.
- India’s Shweta Parmar was awarded Miss Congeniality.
- First edition of the pageant saw Liashkova beating 42 other hopefuls. It was organised by Ten Square Media and Rubaru Group.
· Exim Bank Extends $500 Million Loan Facility To 15-Nation Group In Africa
- The Export-Import Bank, Exim Bankannounced that it will provide a USD 500 million credit facility to Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to fund various development projects in western-south Africa.
- According to the Bank, with the signing of line of credit (LoC) agreement, the Bank till date has extended four LoCs to the Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) of West African States, taking the total value of LOCs to USD 1,000 million.
- The LoC of USD 500 million is an umbrella limit for financing developmental projects in 15-member countries.
· India and China Agree To A Roadmap For Addressing Trade Imbalance
- The eleventh session of the China-India joint-groupon Economic Relations, Trade, Science & Technology was held in New Delhi.
- The session was co-chaired by the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu and the Minister of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China, Zhong Shan.
- The two Ministers agreed to continue to take forward the initiatives identified in the Five Year Development Programme for Economic and Trade Cooperation between China and India signed in September 2014.
- IM-PDS approved for implementation during 2018-19 and 2019-20
- A new central sector scheme namely “Integrated Management of Public Distribution System (IM-PDS)” has been approved for implementation during 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- The key objectives of the scheme are to integrate PDS system/portals of States/UTs with Central System/portals, introduction of National Portability, and de-duplication of ration cards/beneficiary, etc.
- Setting up of National Academic Depository (NAD) for Digitalization of School Records
- Government has setup National Academic Depository (NAD) which is a 24×7 online store house of academic awards digitally lodged by various academic institutions/school boards/eligibility assessment bodies.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has been designated as authorized body to operationalise NAD.
- Deadline To Link PAN With Aadhaar Extended To June 30
- The CBDT has extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to June 30. The policy-making body of the tax department issued an order extending the deadline from the current last date of March 31.
- The order said the deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking for filing I-T returns is being extended after “consideration of the matter”.
- 3,21,567 Affordable Houses sanctioned for Urban Poor under PMAY(Urban)
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has approved the construction of 3,21,567 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) with an investment of Rs. 18,203 cr with central assistance of Rs. 4,752 cr.
- The approval was given in the 32nd meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee.
- The projects were sanctioned across 523 cities in the states of Haryana, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Mizoram, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab & Goa.
- With the above proposed houses, cumulative houses under PMAY(U) would become 42,45,792 after final approval from CSMC.
- Further after subsuming projects of RAY scheme the total number of houses being funded under PMAY(Urban) would be 43,87,640 houses.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes