- One coop. society for every gram panchayat: CM
- The State government has drawn an ambitious plan of promoting at least one cooperative society in each gram panchayat and enrol every farmer in at least one cooperative institution.
- Only around 22 lakh farmers were members of cooperative societies in the State now. This has to increase and each farmer has to be included in the cooperative movement.
- Siddaramaiah said that while the State had waived cooperative loans of Rs. 8,000 crore, it had no authority on the loans by nationalised banks and regional rural banks. However, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley have refused to waive farm loans, saying that would damage the country’s economy. But they willingly waive corporate loans, as if that would not damage the national economy.
- World Diabetes Day: 14 November
- World Diabetes Day is the primary global awareness campaign focusing on diabetes mellitus and is observed on November 14 each year.
- Led by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), each World Diabetes Day focuses on a theme related to diabetes.
- Type 2 Diabetes is largely preventable and treatable non-communicable disease that is rapidly increasing in numbers worldwide.
- Type 1 Diabetes is not preventable but can be treated with insulin shots.
- This year’s theme is ‘Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future’.
· United Nations hosts first talks on use of killer robots in Geneva
- United Nationsis set to open its first official talks on the use of autonomous weapons, including killer robots, at the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) for 5 days, in Geneva.
- The meeting is chaired by Indian ambassador on disarmament, Amandeep Gill.
- The discussion will also include civil society and technology companies.
- It will be partly focused on understanding the types of weapons in the pipeline.
- Northeast to get India’s first ever ‘Air Dispensary’
- Northeast is all set to get India’s first-ever “Air Dispensary” based in a helicopter and the Union Ministry of Development of Northeast (DONER) has already contributed Rs. 25 crore as part of the initial funding for this initiative.
- As per the envisaged plan, Dr Jitendra Singh said, to begin with, helicopter will be based at two locations, namely Imphal in Manipur and Meghalaya in Shillong.
- Both of these cities have premier postgraduate medical institutes from where specialist doctors, along with the necessary equipment and paramedical staff, would be able to move into the helicopter and hold a dispensary/OPD in different locations across the eight States of North Eastern Region.
· Dantewada hosts India 1st Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit
- To inspire, nurture and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship in tribal youth, the NITI Aayog in partnership with the US government organized India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit at Dantewada.
- The summit is inaugurated by MoS Science and Technology YS Chowdhary held at Dantewada in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
- This event is an 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit, being held in India which ensures yet another step towards tribal-centric sustainable and inclusive development.
· Rajyavardhan Rathore releases the India Youth Development Index and Report 2017
- Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent Charge), Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore released the ‘India Youth Development Index and Report 2017’in New Delhi.
- In India Youth Development Index 2017, the five dimensions of Global Youth Development Index (Global YDI) have been retained.
- These five dimensions are education, health and well-being, employment and opportunity, political participation and civic participation for young people.
- Rice Field laboratory in Manila named after PM Modi
- While on his visit to Philippines, PM Narendra Modi visited the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Los Banos, Philippines and inaugurated ‘Shri Narendra Modi Resilient Rice Field Laboratory’.
- He also presented two Indian rice seed varieties to the IRRI gene bank.
- IRRI is a premier research organisation dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022