- Karnataka govt to pay for patients who die in private hospital
- The state government is introducing a concession scheme to be implemented as per the amendment made to the Karnataka Private Medical Establishment (KPME) Bill, which was tabled in the legislative council.
- Under this scheme, the government will bear the entire medicine and hospital expenses of patients of BPL families in private hospitals, and 30% for APL families, in case of death of a patient.
- Clearing the clouds over the clause that private hospitals shouldn’t insist that a family clear hospital bills to hand over the body of the patient, which has been incorporated in the amended KPME Bill.
- It will benefit about 1.43 lakh families of the state, and will be the first of its kind of scheme in the country.
· Basel to become first city to jointly host Badminton and Para Badminton World Championships in 2019
- Baselwill become the first city to jointly host the Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships in 2019.
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF)confirmed that the two tournaments: Badminton and Para-Badminton World Championships will be held simultaneously for the first time.
- Basel beat off competition from Tokyo to land the 2019 Para-Badminton World Championshipsin a vote which was delayed by the BWF Council to allow further discussions.
- The event will be the last held in the sport before Para-Badminton makes its Paralympic Games debut at Tokyo 2020.
- Exclusive ‘Rural Livelihood’ scheme for Northeast
- The unique scheme under the title “North East Rural Livelihood Project” is being supported by the World Bank and will primarily benefit the tribals and the lower socioeconomic groups, including women, in the North-Eastern Region (NER).
- To begin with, four states, – Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, will be taken up for helping the tribal and even the non-tribal lower groups living in remote areas.
- The project is aimed at assisting over 10,000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and benefit about three lakh poor households.
- TN has highest number of women entrepreneurs: Report
- Tamil Nadu has the highest number of women entrepreneurs in India, followed by Kerala and West Bengal, reveals a new report.
- Nearly 80 per cent of women entrepreneurs in India are self-financing their businesses, with little utilisation of the various government schemes.
- Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Rajasthan, and West Bengal have emerged as top five states offering the maximum number of schemes for women entrepreneurs, it said.
· SBI launches YONO, an Integrated app for Financial Services
- State Bank of India, the country’s largest public sector bank, has launched a unified integrated app called YONO (You Need Only One) that would offer all kinds of financial and lifestyle products.
- YONO will also allow customers to meet their lifestyle needs across 14 categories including booking and renting cabs, entertainment, dining experience, travel and stay, medical needs.
- To provide the customised offers and discounts, SBI has partnered with e-commerce players including Amazon, Uber, Ola, Myntra, Jabong, Shoppers Stop, Cox & Kings, Thomas Cook, Yatra, Airbnb, Swiggy, and Byus.
· Union Government to initiate Safe city plan for women in eight cities
- Union Government will soon initiate a comprehensive‘safe city’ plan for women in eight cities for women in eight metropolitan cities of the country.
- The Safe city plan will serve as robust emergency response system and provides police-verified public transport will come into place.
- The plan will be forwarded by respective State Level Committee headed by Chief Secretary of the state.
· Reserve Bank of India Raises Shareholding Limit of ARCs
- The Reserve bank of India (RBI) allowed Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) to hold more than 26% post-conversion of debt into equity in companies undergoing restructuring.
- In a notification, the central bank notified the extent of shareholding post-conversion will be in accordance with permissible foreign direct investment (FDI) limit for that specific sector.
· HRD ministry launches Digital Signature campaign on Constitution Day
- The Ministry of Human Resources Affairs Development launched a Digital Signaturecampaign on Constitution Day affirming faith in Indian Constitution and to generate awareness on fundamental duties enshrined in the Constitution. Giving the link in a tweet, Mr Javadekar stated that people can join the campaign by filling a form online.
- The 26th November is celebrated as Constitution Day.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022