- 6% growth in economy to help close loan-waiver scheme by July next
- Though the State government, which has announced commencement of farm loan waiver process from December 5, has committed for a four-instalment repayment scheme to banks, it believes that the current growth rate in the economy and inflation adjusted growth in the budget could help it close the scheme with banks by July 2019.
- Factoring that the economy grows at 6% and inflation adjusted to the budget could increase the total budget outlay by close to 14% in 2019–20.
- With an increased budget outlay next year, ₹24,000 crore would be added to the scheme, which would enable the government to pay the banks completely.
· India recorded highest average real wage growth in South Asia during 2008-17: ILO report
- According to an annual report named “Global Wage Report 2018/19: What Lies behind Gender pay gaps”, released by International Labour Organisation (ILO), India recorded the highest average real wage growth in South Asia during 2008-17.
- The Global wage growth in 2017 was not only lower than in 2016, but fell to its lowest growth rate since 2008.
- In emerging and developing countries of the G20, real wage growth has fluctuated in recent years, rising from 2.9 percent in 2015 to 4.9 percent in 2016, and then falling back to 4.3 percent in 2017.
- The countries with the lowest levels of wage inequality are found among the high-income group, whereas countries with the highest levels of wage inequality are found in the low- and middle-income groups.
- Sustainable Blue Economy Conference held in Nairobi, Kenya
- The first Sustainable Blue Economy Conference was held in Nairobi, capital of Kenya. It was organized by Kenya and cohosted by Japan and Canada.
- The theme of this conference was ‘The Blue Economy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Blue Economy is economic benefit and value that is realized from Earth’s coastal and marine environment. Sustainable Blue Economy is marine-based economy that provides social and economic benefits for current and future generations, restores, protects and maintains diversity, productivity of marine ecosystems.
- International Gita Festival, 2018 to be held in Kurukshetra
- The International Gita Festival 2018 will be organised in Kurukshetra in Haryana from December 7 to 23, 2018. This year it is third year of this mega cultural event, where Mauritius is partner country and Gujarat is the partner state.
- Gita festival will also be organized in Mauritius next February. The objective behind this event is to spread the message of Gita to world.
- It is being organized to commemorate birth of ‘Srimad Bhagwat Gita’, the sacred scripture containing invaluable advice of Lord Krishna that he proffered to Arjuna.
- It is held mainly on 11th day on Shukla Paksha of Margashirsh month (November – December).
· ISRO to launch HysIS on 29th November
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has planned to launchHysIS, the country’s first hyperspectral imaging satellite for advanced earth observation, on 29th November from Sriharikota.
- PSLV-C43mission will launch 31 satellite in total into 2 orbits
- Slated to last just under 2 hours, it will be ISRO’s 3rd longest mission
- 30 co-passengers include a microsatellite (100-kg class) and 29 nanosatellites (under 10 kg). They are from United States of America (23), Australia, Canada, Columbia, Finland, Malaysia, Netherlands and Spain (one each satellite)
- The foreign satellites together weigh around 261 kg.
- Their launches were booked with ISRO’s arm Antrix Corporation
· Govt proposes Rs 13 crore subsidy for hybrid cars in India
- The Department of Heavy Industry has proposed a subsidy of ₹13 croreto promote hybrid cars in India.
- The move follows lobbying by automobile manufacturers including Toyota, Maruti Suzuki and Honda.
- The incentives have been sought by the department for potential buyers of 10,000 hybrid carsfitted with lithium-ion batteries of 0.5-2 kilowatt-hour (kWh) in a meeting with the committee for the second phase of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric and Hybrid vehicles (FAME) scheme.
· Health Ministry Launches Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme IDSP
- Union Government soft-launched the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) segment of the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) in seven states.
- The path-breaking initiative will provide near-real-time data to policymakers for detecting outbreaks, reducing the morbidity and mortality and lessening disease burden in the populations and better health systems.
- Donbass wins the Golden Peacock at IFFI 2018
- Donbass’ directed by Sergei Loznitsa has won the coveted Golden Peacock Award at the 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which concluded in Goa on November 28, 2018.
- The Golden Peacock Award carries a cash prize of Rs 4 million (Rs 40 lakhs) to be shared equally between the Producer and the Director, Trophy and the citation.
- Donbass is the official submission of Ukraine for the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category at the 91st Academy Awards in 2019.
- Donbass tells the story of a hybrid war taking place in a region of Eastern Ukraine, involving an open armed conflict alongside killings and robberies perpetrated on a mass scale by separatist gangs.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022