- State government planning to launch new insurance scheme
- Since farmers in many parts of the State have failed to get benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana within a stipulated time, the State government is planning to launch a separate insurance scheme to ensure quick compensation settlement to farmers.
- The State government has launched several schemes to provide facilities to farmers including drip irrigation facility, providing agriculture equipments and seeds and fertilizers.
- The State government has already taken steps to waive loans of farmers’ upto ₹1 lakh in co-operative banks and orders have been issued to waive loans up to ₹2 lakh in rural and nationalised banks. It is committed to solve farmers’ problems and ensure more facilities to them.
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty: 17 October
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on October 17 each year since 1993.
- It promotes people’s awareness of the need to eradicate poverty and destitution worldwide, particularly in developing countries.
- This year’s theme is ‘Accelerating global actions for a world without poverty’.
· Canada Becomes the Second Country to Legalise Cannabis
- Canada is just the second country in the world to legalize recreational marijuana nationwide. The first was Uruguay in 2013. Nine states in the United States have legalized recreational marijuana and medical use is legal in 30 states.
- Guidelines for PPP for Non Communicable Diseases in launched by NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog launched the Guidelines and Model Concessionaire Agreement, MCA for Public Private Partnership, PPP for Non Communicable Diseases.
- The documents have been designed to supplement efforts for provision of prevention and treatment services of non-communicable diseases related to Cardiac Sciences, Oncology, and Pulmonary Sciences at the district hospitals especially in tier 2 & 3 cities.
- First National Summit on Invest in AYUSH
- On the occasion of Ayurveda Day celebrations, Ministry of AYUSH is organising First National Summit on Invest in AYUSH at Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi on 4th November, 2018.
- The summit is to encourage public sector undertakings (PSUs) under different Ministries/Departments of the Government and private companies to invest in AYUSH.
- NITI Aayog and Department of Industrial and Policy and Promotion are the partner organisations of this first National summit in AYUSH.
- Northern Irish Author Anna Burns Wins 2018’s Man Booker Prize
- Milkman” by writer Anna Burns scooped the 2018 Man Booker Prize, with the Northern Irish writer winning the literary award for her third full-length novel.
- Established in 1969, the annual literary prize recognises the judges choice of “the best original novel written in English and published in the UK”.
- Stephen Hawking’s final book “Brief Answers to the Big Questions” launched
- Stephen Hawking’s final work, which tackles issues from the existence of God to the potential for time travel, was launched by his children, who helped complete the book after the British astrophysics giant’s death.
- Hawking was forever being asked the same things and started work on “Brief Answers to the Big Questions” last year.
· Reserve bank of India norms to facilitate payments between mobile wallets using UPI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)on released guidelines to facilitate payments among different mobile wallets, a move aimed at promoting digital transactions.
- The interoperability would be achieved in a phased manner such as interoperability of PPIs issued in the form of wallets through UPI, between wallets and bank accounts through UPI, and interoperability for PPIs issued in the form of cards through card networks.
- UPI is a payments system launched by the National Payments Corporation of India in August 2016. It facilitates instant fund transfer between two bank accounts on the mobile platform, without having to provide any detail of the beneficiary’s bank account.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022