It is a kind of irrigation method which saves water and fertilizer by allowing water to drip slowly to the roots of the plants, either onto the soil surface or directly onto the root zones, through a network of valves, pipes , emitters etc. It is done through narrow tubes that deliver water directly to the base of the plant.
Adv. Of Drip Irrig.:
- Save water up to 70% compare to flood irrigation.
- Recycled non potable water can be used.
- Water distribution is highly uniform.
- Crop grows consistently, healthier and mature fast.
- Fertilizer use efficiency increases by upto 30%.
- Lowering of Input cost
- Undulating terrains, saline, water logged , sandy and hilly lands can also be brought under cultivation.
- Filed levelling is not necessary
- Soil growth and weed growth is minimized.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022