- a) Chaitya: a Buddhist shrine or prayer hall with a Stupa at one end. Inmodern texts on Indian architecture, the term chaityagriha is often usedto denote an assembly or prayer hall that houses a Stupa. Ex: Karle caves
- b) Vihar: The Viharas or monasteries were excavated near the chaityas for the
residence of monks in the rainy season.
- C) stupa: It is a large round structure erected over some relics of the Buddha. Most famous of these stupas are Amravati and Nagarjunakonda.
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes