Case Study 9:-
You are under training after clearing UPSC exam and came back to Old Rajinder Nagar to visit your friends. Your car is stranded in traffic near Jhandewalan. A poor girl looking very frail approaches you and start begging for money. Out of compassion, you take out your wallet to search for a ten Rupees note. The girl who is standing very near to you snatches the wallet and starts running. A man on a motor bike who sees this act, catches the girl and starts beating her in full view of public, without knowing your Rank (SDM). Now the traffic is moving and your car is in the middle of the road. What will you do in such a situation? And why?
Solution:-Action should be as follow:
- Park Car so that no disturbance to the traffic.
- Call to destination where I was heading about the emergency so that they will not wait for me.
- Reach the spot where the man is beating girl and immediately stop him and ask him not to beat or take law in his hand. Thank him for taking notice of the theft and taking action, but remind him that the girl is very young and could have acted out of hunger too Remind him gently that it is a public space and such act physical violence could land him in legal trouble. This should lower his anger.
- If girl is injured carry out first aid from the box available in the car. Get her something to eat and drink.
- Try to know her history and then informing to NGO or child care centre and personally taking to there will be my choice since leaving her just like that will make her to repeat the act since it’s the poverty and poor care made her to act. If these are given girl will desist from such acts.
- Make an occasional follow up of the girl with the agency to whom she had been handed over to.
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022