- Karnataka could go for region specific development under Vision 2025
- Karnataka could well shed one-size fits all development model and move in for tailor made region-specific development.
- The objective of Vision 2025 is to achieve common standards keeping in mind the diverse stages of development that each geographical block in the state has seen.
- Vision 2025 is also aimed at enabling each district carry out a SWOT analysis and work around their strengths and come on par with state, national if not international development indices.
- The consolidated Vision 2025 feedback from each districts will be collated at the secretariat before December 31 so that implementation can start in right earnestness from January 1, 2018.
- UN ends 13-year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti
- The UN soldiers left Haiti finishing their 13 year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti.
- A UN peacekeeping mission helped to maintain order in Haiti through 13 years of political turmoil and disaster.
- UN troops reached more than 10,000 in number after the January 2010 earthquake.
- The UN lowered its flag at its headquarters in Port-au-Prince.
- India to conduct the First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’
- The First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the lead agency from October 10-13, 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
- This Exercise will be a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.
- The main focus of the BIMSTEC DMEx-2017 will be on testing the region’s preparedness and resilience towards effective activation of inter-Governmental interaction/dialogue/agreements for immediate deployment of regional resources for disaster response.
- 9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ opens in Mumbai
- The 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ has opened Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai.
- It is an integral part of Asia’s biggest dental event.
- The exhibition was hosted by the Indian Dental Association (IDA).
- It is showcasing the evolving global technologies and techniques in dentistry.
· PM Narendra Modi inaugurate highway projects worth Rs.5,925 crore in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate development projects worth ₹5,925 crore during his two-day visit to poll-bound Gujarat.
- He laid the foundation for construction of Rs 962 crore Cable Stayed Signature Bridge between Beyt Dwarka and Okha on NH-51, Gujarat.
- He lay the foundation stone for a greenfield airportlocated near Rajkot and inaugurate a fully automatic milk processing and packaging plant in Surendranagar.
- He will also lay the foundation stone for widening of Ahmedabad-Rajkot section of NH-47to six lanes.
· Indias first Marine Police Training Institute to be set up at Dev Bhoomi Dwarka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the setting up of India’s first marine police training institute at Gujarat‘s Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- This announcement was given at the foundation stone-laying ceremony of a bridge between Okha and Beyt Dwarka, during PM Narendra Modi’s two day visit to Gujarat.
- Bengaluru Metro gets Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II has received Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- The project will be jointly financed by European Investment Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, which will give over Rs. 3,800 crore (EUR 500 million) and Rs. 2,300 crore (EUR 300 million) respectively.
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022