- Indira Canteens across Karnataka from January 1
- The canteens won’t be restricted to locations where the population is 1 lakh or above. Further, they will be set up in government hospitals, bus stands or railway stations where the footfall of the poor is higher. Accordingly, 121 locations outside Bengaluru have been identified for setting up 246 canteens.
- The cabinet has set three deadlines for the urban development department and local bodies to set up the canteens -November 17, to identify the locations; December 17 for completion of infrastructure and awarding of contracts to serve meals; January 1, 2018 for the launch.
- This apart, a scheme called Punara Belaku(relighting) will be launched for households who surrender unused kerosene.Two rechargeable LED lanterns will be provided to households who surrender 1 litre of kerosene per month
· International Day of the Girl Child is observed on 11 October
- 11th October marked is marked as the International Day of the Girl Child.
- The day theme is The Power of the Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030.
- The main aim of the day is to highlight and address the needs and challenges girls face while promoting girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights.
· Japan launches fourth Michibiki satellite for hi-tech GPS
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) successfully launched Michibiki-4 satellite (QZSS-4) onboard of H-IIA rocket from Tanegashima Space Centre.
- It was the fourth satellite in Michibiki series i.e. Quasi-Zenith Satellite System (QZSS), which is a satellite-based high-precision global positioning system.
- Michibiki-4is third QZSS satellite to be launched in 2017 and once operational it will bring the constellation of QZSS to its operating capacity of four until a planned expansion to 8 satellites occurs around 2023.
- Madhu Valli from USA crowned Miss India Worldwide
- Madhu Valli, an emerging hip hop artist and a student of criminal law at George Mason University in Virginia, has been crowned as Miss India Worldwide 2017.
- Stephanie Madavane from France was declared runner up at the 26th edition of the beauty pageant held in New Jersey.
- The beauty pageant attracts people of Indian origin from across the world.
- Sarita Pattnaik from Texas was declared Mrs India Worldwide.
- Organised by New York-based India Festival Committee, Miss India Worldwide is the only international Indian pageant with affiliates in over 35 countries and considered among the top ethnic pageants in the world.
- IMF cuts India’s 2017 growth forecast
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) pared its growth forecast for India by half a percentage point to 6.7% for 2017.
- In its latest World Economic Outlook, IMF said the world economy is going through a cyclical upswing that began midway through 2016.
- It raised the global growth estimate marginally for 2017 to 3.6% while flagging downside risks.
· ICICI Bank Aid to Armed Forces
- ICICI Bankthe country’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, committed financial assistance of 10 crores to the Indian Armed Forces.
- This contribution by ICICI Bank would be made in two equal tranches. This fund will be used for two programs.
- The first will support post-graduation education of the widows of the soldiers and education for their wards.
- The second program will provide financial assistance for marriages of the daughters of ex-servicemen.
· Union Government approved Rs 2,000 crore to set up Aadhaar units in Post offices
- The Central Government approved Rs 2,000 crore for setting up Aadhaar centers in post offices.
- The centers will have machines approved by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and trained personnel who will be responsible for the operations.
- By March 81, 2018, Government will set up Aadhaar enrolment and update facilities in around 15,000 post offices.
- Kempegowda Airport will be India’s first Aadhaar-enabled airport
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) is all set to be become country’s first Aadhaar-enabled airport by 2018.
- After a two-month pilot project in February, Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has decided to make KIA fully compliant with Aadhaaar-enabled entry and biometric boarding system.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes