. Under Article 371-J, the President is empowered to provide that the Governor of Karnataka would have special responsibility for
- The establishment of a separate development board for Hyderabad-Karnataka region
- Making a provision that a report on the working of the board would be placed every year before the State Legislative Assembly
- The equitable allocation of funds for developmental expenditure over the region
- The reservation of seats in educational and vocational training institutions in the region for students who belong to the region
- The reservation in state government posts in the region for persons who belong to the region
Article 371-J (which provided for special provisions for the Hyderabad-Karnataka region of the state of Karnataka) was inserted in the Constitution by the 98th Constitutional Amendment Act of 2012. The special provisions aim to establish an institutional mechanism for equitable allocation of funds to meet the development needs over the region, as well as to enhance human resources and promote employment from the region by providing for local cadres in service and reservation in educational and vocational training institutions.
In 2010, the Legislative Assembly as well as the Legislative Council of Karnataka passed separate resolutions seeking special provisions for the Hyderabad-Karnataka region of the state of Karnataka. The government of Karnataka also endorsed the need for special provisions for the region. The resolutions sought to accelerate development of the most backward region of the state and promote inclusive growth with a view to reducing inter-district and inter-regional disparities in the state.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022