Attitudes are the complex combination of things we tend to call personality, beliefs,values, behaviours, and motivations. It can fall anywhere along a continuum from very favourable to very unfavourable. All people, irrespective of their status or intelligence, hold attitudes.
Characteristics of Attitude:
- Enduring: Integral component of personality
- Acquired: Developed through socialisation.
- Subject-Object relationship: Objectification of values -> attitude. It can never be
- object free. E.g. I have (subject) a +ve attitude towards you (object).
- They help in evaluation.
- It can be expressed both verbally and non-verbally.
- We get to know and understand others through their attitudes only.
- Attitudes are subjective experience. Each individual’s attitude differs from others.
- It conforms to the principle of consistency. We generally don’t have A1, A2 attitudes towards a thing at different point of time. Inconsistency in attitudes leads to mentaldissonance.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022