- Bengaluru looks to Goa for help to eliminate rabies
- Inspired by the partial success of Goa’s anti-rabies vaccination (ARV) drive, a team of government veterinarians from Bengaluru in Karnataka visited Goa recently to understand the modalities of the project.India’s Garden City has set its sights on becoming rabies-free by 2025.
- Goa’s Short Scheme for Mission Rabies received national attention after the state department of animal husbandry and veterinary services (AHVS) declared that cases of dog-to-human rabies had reduced to zero in 2018. No such cases have been reported so far in 2019 either.
- As per the 2012 Livestock Census, Bengaluru had around 1.8 lakh stray dogs.
- Although a two-pronged approach — animal birth control (ABC) and ARV — is already being used to tackle the situation
· Kajin Sara lake has set a new record of being the worlds highest lake
ð Mountaineers discovered the Kajin Sara lake in Manang district of Nepal few months ago. This lake in Nepal has set a new record of being the world’s highest lake and replaced Tilicho Lake of Nepal.
ð Kajin Sara lake is situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres in the Himalayan nation. It is located at Singarkharka area of Chame rural municipality. The measurement of the lake which is located at an altitude of 5,200 metres, is estimated to be 1,500 metre (1.5 km) long and 600 metre wide. The water of the Kajin’s lake is formed out mainly by melting waters from Himalaya.
Tilicho lake is the currently world’s largest lake situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres it is 4 km longand 1.2 km wide and around 200 metres deep in Nepal.
- People’s Bank of China (PBoC)is issuing its own cryptocurrency. The bank’s researchers have been working last year to develop systems, and the cryptocurrency is “close to being out,”
Mu repeated the PBoC’s intention that the digital currency would replace M0 or cash in circulation rather than M2, which would generate credit and impact monetary policy.
- Prakash Javadekar releases patriotic song ‘Watan’ in run up to Independence Day
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar released a patriotic song ‘Watan’ in New Delhi in the run up to the Independence Day.
- The special song has been produced by Doordarshan.
- The song highlights several path-breaking initiatives of the government including the determination and vision behind the recent successful launch of Chandrayaan 2.
- The song also pays tribute to the bravery and valour of the armed forces and the martyrs of the country.
- The song has been sung by famous Bollywood singer Javed Ali. It has been penned by lyricist Alok Shrivastav and music composed by Dushyant.
· Central Government launches Swachh Nagar app
- The Central Government launched a mobile application through which people will be able to get their household waste picked up by urban municipal bodies. The people have to pay to civic bodies to avail the service through Swachh Nagar app. They can track the waste-collection vehicle on the app. The main aim is to ensure the accountability of municipal corporations. According to the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry. Launching Swachh Survekshan 2020.The theme is Cleanliness is Our Right.
- There are 24 statesand more than 3,800 cities have been certified Open Defecation-Free (ODF). The government has set a target of making the country ODF by October 2.
· Centre to start special hospitals with Indian Medicines in 150 districts
- Ministry of AYUSHplans to start Special hospitals offering Indian Systems of Medicines like Siddha and Ayurveda in 150 districts across the country.
- Research institutes will be started in various parts of the country with an aim to encourage research into Indian Medicine systems.
The ministry announced a six months course in basic medicine. This course has been started with the intention of providing basic healthcare in rural areas.
- Poorer states score big in GST mop-up
- Consuming states such as Bihar, Odisha, UP and Madhya Pradesh — many of whom may be poorer but have large populations — are faring better in goods and services tax (GST) collections than their industrialised peers such as Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- West Bengal is among a handful of non-industrialised consuming states, which has not fared well during the first four months of the current financial year, when overall GST collections rose 9% to Rs 3.56 lakh crore. Among the major laggards was Delhi, which saw a 2% decline in mop-up, which was estimated at Rs 12,700 crore during April-July 2019, compared to a little under Rs 13,000 crore a year ago.
- At the top of the heap are the states in the North East, led by Nagaland (39%), Arunachal Pradesh (35%), Sikkim (32%) and Meghalaya. But the overall collections for these states are between Rs 370 crore and Rs 680 crore.
- Under the compensation mechanism, states with less than 14% annual growth are to be compensated by the Centre for five years and, going by the current trend, some of the poorer states do not need support (see graphic). To compensate states, a cess on items such as soft drinks, tobacco and automobiles is levied.
- Aishwarya Pissay becomes first Indian to claim a world title in motorsports
- Aishwarya Pissay became the first Indian to claim a world title in motorsports.
- She won the FIM World Cup (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) in the women’s category after the final round of the championship at Varpalota in Hungary.
- The 23-year old from Bengaluru also finished second in the FIM Junior category.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes