- Karnataka may get a few new trains during poll year
- The long awaited commissioning of Bengaluru-Mysuru double line electrification is likely to be done by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to the State on January 28.
- With ensuing State Assembly elections, the Prime Minister is also likely to announce a few new trains, including Humsafar Express from Mysuru.
- Though the Commissioner of Railway Safety (Southern Circle) had authorised South Western Railway (SWR) to operate electric loco-hauled trains between Bengaluru and Mysuru on December 14, 2017, the same was not commissioned ostensibly awaiting clearance from the Prime Minister’s Office.
· India and Israel sign 9 agreements in space, defence, cybersecurity
- India and Israel have signed nine agreements to boost cooperation in the areas of space, cyber security and oil and gas between both countries.
- The agreements were signed following delegation-level talks headed by Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu in New Delhi.
- Netanyahu is first Israeli Prime Minister to visit India in the span of last 15 years and second one overall.
- Agreement on Film-co-production. Protocol on Amendments to Air Transport Agreement MoU on Cyber Security Cooperation between India and Israel Memorandum
- MoU between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and the Ministry of Energy on Cooperation inOil and Gas Sector LoI between IOCL and Yeda Research
- MoU between Central Council for Research in Homeopathy and Ministry of AYUSH and Centre for Integrative Complementary Medicine, Shaare Zedek
- MoU between Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and Technion- Israel Institute of Technology for cooperation in the field of space.
· BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement India, Bangladesh, Nepal approve Passenger protocol
- Bangladesh, India, and Nepal agreed on the text of operating procedures for passenger vehicle movement (Passenger protocol) in sub-region under Bangladesh – Bhutan-India-Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA).
- The decision in this regard was taken at a meeting of High-level officials of three decision in this regard was taken at a meeting of High-level officials of three countries held in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- It was convened and chaired by India’s Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH).
Gk bit – BBIN
- The Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal(BBIN) Initiative is a sub regional architecture of countries in Eastern South Asia, a subregion of South Asia. Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA) signed in June 2015.
- The agreement will permit member states to ply their vehicles in each other’s territory for transportation of cargo and passengers, including third country transport and personal vehicles.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurates Gigabit Connectivity with Sri Lanka
- Union Minister for Law and Justice and Electronics and IT Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad is on an official visit to Sri Lanka.
- On the first day of his visit, he inaugurated the gigabit connectivity between the National Knowledge Network of India and LEARN network of Sri Lanka.
- This dedicated high speed internet connectivity will boost the collaboration among the academic institutions of India and Sri Lanka.
· India emerging as a biggest tourism hub across the globe; over 11 lakh tourists arrived New Delhi in Dec 2017
- Tourism sector of the nation is blooming year by year, as the Foreign Tourists Arrivals have bloomed by 15.2% in December 2017 as compared to December 2016.
- And also 48.3% Growth in Foreign Tourist Arrivals on an e-Tourist visa in December 2017 Over December 2016.
- The number of FTAs in December 2017 was 11.76 lakh as compared to FTAs of 10.21 lakh in December 2016 and 9.13 lakh in December 2015.
- The growth rate in FTAs in December 2017 over December 2016 was 15.2%, compared to 11.9% in December 2016 over December 2015.
- FTAs in the year 2017 was 101.77 lakh with a growth of 15.6% over 2016, compared to FTAs of 88.04 lakh with a growth of 9.7% is 2016 over 2015.
· DIPP arm Launches Competition for College Students
- Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM),under the department of industrial policy and promotion, launched a competition for college and university students to foster a culture of innovation and creativity in the youth.
- The competition – IPrism – invites students to submit films on piracy and counterfeiting under two categories of 30 and 60 seconds.
- Another category in the competition is a mobile gaming app on intellectual property (IP). Cash prizes of Rs 4 lakh will be given to the winning teams along with mementos and certificates.
· Union Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore launches Khelo India Anthem
- Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore made the announcement during the launch of the official anthem and mascot of Khelo India School Games, beginning January 31.
- Now when an athlete wins a medal at Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and Olympics, the coach gets the incentive.
- The video features India’s eminent sports personalities such as Sardar Singh, Sunil Chhetri, Devendra Jhajharia, Baichung Bhutia, Pullela Gopichand, Leander Paes, Mary Kom, Akhil Kumar, Sakshi Malik and Saina Nehwal.
- UIDAI to add face verification option for Aadhaar authentication
- The Unique Identification Authority of India, the Aadhaar-issuing authority, has decided to enable face recognition as another means of authentication from July 1, 2018.
- The decision comes at a time when problems arising due to mismatch of biometrics are being reported about, including those faced by senior citizens with fading fingerprints.
· Air India announces reservation for women in seats
- Air India announced a reservation of seats for women in all its domestic flight services.
- This kind of service has become the country’s first airline company.
- Special respect to women on our behalf Air India is booking a full line for all women at an economy class at no extra charge.
- This is for women who are traveling alone or with their young children. “
- To avail this facility, female passengers can contact the airline’s counter or booking officer at the airport for up to 90 minutes before flying.
- This facility of the company is only valid for domestic flights only.
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program 2022
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022