: Major provisions of the act are as follows:
- Introduction of portfolio system by lord canning.
- Expansion of executive council. Now there were 4 members.
- For legislative purpose, the governor general council was expanded. Now 6-12 additional members can be nominated.
- There were appointed for a period of 2 years. Out of these, at least half of the additional members were to be non-official (British or Indian).
- Lord Canning nominated three Indians to the Council in 1862 namely, the Raja of Benares, the Maharaja of Patiala and Sir Dinkar Rao.
- The Governor-General also had the power to promulgate ordinances without the council’s concurrence during emergencies.
- This Act restored the legislative powers of the Governor-in-Councils of the Presidencies of Madras and Bombay (which was taken away by the Charter Act of 1833).
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes