It is a technology to bring the changes in the phenotype(the way we appear) by altering the genome. The insertion of foreign gene and thus creating new gene is called recombinant gene. The technology involved in the process is called rDNA technology.
Steps in the rDNA technology are:
- Identification Of donor DNA and Plasmid DNA.
- Now the respective DNA’s are cut through molecular scissors called restrictive endonuclease. Generally same RE are used to create same ends.
- Now the plasmid DNA and the desired DNA are joined by the enzyme DNA ligase. This combination is known as recombinant DNA.
- rDNA are inserted into the host cell with no plasmid like. E.Coli. The desired rDNA is cultured to get the desired expression of gene.
KPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for KPSC Prelims and KPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by KPSC Notes are as follows:-
- KPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- KPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes